Understand the importance of Business Impact Analysis and its role in a successful Business Continuity Management Programme!
A Business Impact Analysis (BIA) is an integral part of developing a Business Continuity Plan for any type of disaster. Currently there is a lack of a formal methodology to establish and document the Business Impact Analysis. This seminar will provide the participants with a real-life case study and also a detailed overview of the key components of a typical business impact analysis exercise.
A case study would be shared by Mr Navaneetharaj on how BIA is conducted within an organization while DR Goh will provide participants with an overview of the key components of a BIA
The seminar would also give insights to:
- The assessment and prioritization process of business functions and processes that must be recovered.
- The identification of the potential impact on these business functions and processes.
- The estimation of the maximum allowable downtime for critical business functions and the acceptable level of losses (data, operations, financial, reputation, and market share) associated with this estimated downtime.
- The establishment of the interdependencies of these critical business functions.
Meet-The-Experts Program Highlights
Topic 1: Case Study: Business Impact Analysis - Its Effective Implementation in an Organisation
Mr Navaneetharaj Rajan, Business Continuity Management, DHL IT Service Center
Mr Navaneetharaj Rajan will share his experiences in the area of business impact analysis. The presentation will include the many challenges that he had encountered while implementing BIA in an organisation
Dr Goh Moh Heng will provide an overview of the key component of business impact analysis. He will help in the identification of potential impact of business functions and processes. The presentation will include an estimation of maximum allowable downtime and establishment of interdependent critical business functions.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the Business Impact Analysis
- Receive a walk through of the Business Impact Analysis implementation through a case study
- Learn to assess and prioritize business functions and processes that must be recovered
- Identify potential impact on business functions and processes
- Learn to estimate the maximum allowable downtime for critical business functions,and the
acceptable level of losses
- Establish the interdependencies of these critical business functions
- First-come-first-serve basis; subject to confirmation from BCM Institute.
- BCM Institute reserves the right to accept or not to accept registrations.
Note: The response to our MTE sessions are usually overwhelming; thus, we are sending early invitations for this session.
Seats will be restricted to two participants per organization; subsequent registrations will be placed in the waiting list.
This Meet-the-Experts complimentary session is a professional sharing platform brought to you by BCM Institute Malaysia.
For further queries, please contact Mr Julius Tan, Program Sales Manager.
Tel: (6)012 441 2930